POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Could I set OutputFileName in an animation from within the scene-file? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:30:52 EDT (-0400)
  Could I set OutputFileName in an animation from within the scene-file? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: DH0909
Subject: Could I set OutputFileName in an animation from within the scene-file?
Date: 3 Jun 2010 04:40:00
Message: <web.4c0769b64eb281e24d6935450@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I want the names of the single frames to be set according to some text that is
used in the different frames. (I use the animation to run through an array with
strings.)

I don'T want to name some hundred picture files manually after the rendering.
(After all this is a hobby for me. =)

Can I set the OutputFileName somehow so it reflects the strings from the array?

Maybe by pasting the array somehow in the ini-file?

Or do I really have to generate a seperate ini-file for every frame with another
program first?

Greetings
DH =)

Post a reply to this message

> I want the names of the single frames to be set according to some text that is
> used in the different frames. (I use the animation to run through an array with
> strings.)
>
> I don'T want to name some hundred picture files manually after the rendering.
> (After all this is a hobby for me. =)
>
> Can I set the OutputFileName somehow so it reflects the strings from the array?
>
> Maybe by pasting the array somehow in the ini-file?
>
> Or do I really have to generate a seperate ini-file for every frame with another
> program first?

There is no way to change the OutputFileName from the SDL code.

What you can do, however, is have the SDL code create a batch file or
shell/Perl/Tcl/Whatever script (using the #fopen and #write statements),
which you can then run after the renders to automatically perform the
renaming.

Post a reply to this message