POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray in Challenge #21: The Bedroom Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray in Challenge #21: The Bedroom (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: POV-Ray in Challenge #21: The Bedroom
Date: 11 Dec 2009 10:46:27
Message: <4b226953@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> schreef in bericht

>  Correction: POV-Ray uses the left-handed system *by default*. It can be
> changed.

Oooh... I stand corrected!  :-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Reactor
Date: 11 Dec 2009 18:20:01
Message: <web.4b22d2ce8fd451f86d4a920d0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> "Reactor" <rea### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
> > POV uses the right hand system, .....
>
> Sorry, no. POV uses the left-hand system See Docs 2.2.1.1  Understanding
> POV-Ray's Coordinate System   ;-)
>
> Thomas

Ah, I stand corrected!  I don't remember why I thought that, though I do
remember the discussion about how this is the opposite of "normal" - except I
was introduced to 3D coordinates using POV, so the left hand system is now
normal to me.  But anyway, as Warp mentioned, it can be flipped as can the
objects if needed.

-Reactor

Post a reply to this message

> Ah, I stand corrected!  I don't remember why I thought that, though I do
> remember the discussion about how this is the opposite of "normal" -
> except I
> was introduced to 3D coordinates using POV, so the left hand system is now
> normal to me.  But anyway, as Warp mentioned, it can be flipped as can the
> objects if needed.

<grin> POV is so versatile that it doesn't matter; I just mentioned the
default (indeed) because, like you, the left-hand system has become so
natural to me that I was taken by surprise. No harm done.

Thomas