POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Video Converter Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Video Converter (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Woody
Subject: Video Converter
Date: 19 Apr 2009 12:05:00
Message: <web.49eb4ac7264a0255c41e4df50@news.povray.org>
Can anyone recommend any good (and preferably free or open source) video
converters, supporting formats such as MPEG, MOV, AVI, AVS, WMV, etc.?

I'm using Windows right now but am slowly moving toward Linux.

I saw quite a few in the resources section, but cannot tell one from another.

Thanks,

-J

Post a reply to this message

> Can anyone recommend any good (and preferably free or open source) video
> converters, supporting formats such as MPEG, MOV, AVI, AVS, WMV, etc.?
>
> I'm using Windows right now but am slowly moving toward Linux.
>
> I saw quite a few in the resources section, but cannot tell one from another.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -J

Perhaps it was better to post in off-topic.

well, at first glance...

http://www.formatoz.com/
http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/
http://www.mediaconverter.org/ (online)
http://www.zamzar.com/ (online)

:-)

--
Carlo

Post a reply to this message

>> Can anyone recommend any good (and preferably free or open source) video
>> converters, supporting formats such as MPEG, MOV, AVI, AVS, WMV, etc.?
>>
>> I'm using Windows right now but am slowly moving toward Linux.
>>
>> I saw quite a few in the resources section, but cannot tell one from another.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -J
>
> Perhaps it was better to post in off-topic.

	Unless, of course, he actually meant to ask about converting frames to
videos?

--
"Now we all know map companies hire guys who specialize in making map
folding a physical impossibility" - Adult Kevin Arnold in "Wonder Years"

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message