POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Video Converter : Re: Video Converter Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Video Converter
From: William Tracy
Date: 17 Jun 2009 21:34:41
Message: <4a3999b1$1@news.povray.org>
Woody wrote:
> Can anyone recommend any good (and preferably free or open source) video
> converters, supporting formats such as MPEG, MOV, AVI, AVS, WMV, etc.?

ffmpeg works for me on Linux; several distros seem to provide packages.
You'll have to hunt around for Windows versions, though.

Google pulled up the following links for using ffmpeg on Windows; I
can't actually vouch for any of them, but they look useful:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ffmpeg
http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/
http://www.ehow.com/how_4716678_install-ffmpeg-windows.html
http://corz.org/windows/software/ffe/

mplayer also has some encoding ability via mencoder. You'll have to hunt
around for a Windows interface for that one, too.

This site claims to have a Windows GUI for mencoder; I haven't tried it:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mewig/

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom

(05:22:04 PM) Lu_Mac: so much for tax dollars
(05:22:26 PM) Lu_Mac: F22s should be like the bus system
(05:22:39 PM) Lu_Mac: we should be able to fly in them for $75 cents
     -- seen in #cg-char