POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Area inside a mesh[2]? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:30:04 EDT (-0400)
  Area inside a mesh[2]? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: CShake
Subject: Area inside a mesh[2]?
Date: 24 Mar 2009 20:37:27
Message: <49c97cc7$1@news.povray.org>
I've been trying to make some geometric macros recently, and within that
I'm getting to the issue that when you make a mesh2, only the triangles
themselves are created. Even when the triangles together make up a solid
object, like a faceted sphere, doing a difference with a sphere just
seems to cut out a hole in the surface without creating a face on the
inside (like when you difference a sphere from an offset sphere).

Is there any way to do this?

cshake

Post a reply to this message

CShake <cshake+pov### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I've been trying to make some geometric macros recently, and within that
> I'm getting to the issue that when you make a mesh2, only the triangles
> themselves are created. Even when the triangles together make up a solid
> object, like a faceted sphere, doing a difference with a sphere just
> seems to cut out a hole in the surface without creating a face on the
> inside (like when you difference a sphere from an offset sphere).

Normally, specifying an inside_vector should do the trick. Any value will do
(except <0,0,0>), the particular value is only of interest in case you need to
fight some artifacts.