POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Those Annoying Missing Links to Old Web Pages Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Those Annoying Missing Links to Old Web Pages (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: POV
Subject: Those Annoying Missing Links to Old Web Pages
Date: 14 Dec 2008 06:51:09
Message: <4944f32d$1@news.povray.org>
I hate that sinking feeling when searching for POVRAY tips and source files
excited that I may find a solution to a problem only to find that the page
in question has long since expired.

Well thanks to modern technology we now have The Way Back Machine at our
disposal.

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

put in a url link and you can find stuff that long since disappeared.

Post a reply to this message

> I hate that sinking feeling when searching for POVRAY tips and source files
> excited that I may find a solution to a problem only to find that the page
> in question has long since expired.
>
> Well thanks to modern technology we now have The Way Back Machine at our
> disposal.
>
> http://www.archive.org/web/web.php
>
> put in a url link and you can find stuff that long since disappeared.

Whoa this thing actually works, well for the 1st try anyway.
The page is their but no zip file that is linked to the page.

So I guess if its not ON the page, the file is lost

Dead links page:
http://objects.povworld.org/links10.html

Found:
http://web.archive.org/web/20000622234809/http://quark.vpplus.com/~redbeard/raytrace/utils/bezier.html