POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tool to polygonize isosurfaces? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Tool to polygonize isosurfaces? (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Alain
Subject: Re: Tool to polygonize isosurfaces?
Date: 26 Nov 2008 10:58:55
Message: <492d723f@news.povray.org>
SharkD nous illumina en ce 2008-11-25 22:38 -->
> Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:
>> There is one, but it's usually a lot slower than using actual
>> isosurfaces, so it's much less useful.
>
> I hope it's not slower, because that (as well as the visual artifacts that occur
> frequently when using isosurfaces) is the primary reason I want to use it.
>
> -Mike

It may be slower, when parsing. But you can save the mesh's data. So, it parse
slow only once, or until you redeffine your object.
Then, it's just a question of reloading the saved data and rendering the mesh
object, and that is MUCH faster than rendering the iso_surface.

--
Alain
No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.