POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Licensing, Ethics, Open Source and Philosophy Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Licensing, Ethics, Open Source and Philosophy (Message 36 to 45 of 165)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Licensing, Ethics, Open Source and Philosophy
Date: 14 Jul 2008 17:13:26
Message: <487bc176$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:51:59 -0400, Warp wrote:

>> Words do have more than a single definition, typically. ;-)
>
>   Tell that to the FSF.

Well, you're the one saying you don't understand their usage....

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 14 Jul 2008 17:33:34
Message: <487bc62e@news.povray.org>
> On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:51:59 -0400, Warp wrote:

> > Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
> >> Words do have more than a single definition, typically. ;-)
> >
> >   Tell that to the FSF.

> Well, you're the one saying you don't understand their usage....

  I didn't say I don't understand it. I said I completely disagree with it.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Alexandre DENIS
Date: 14 Jul 2008 18:21:07
Message: <487bd153@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> So what exactly is your problem??? - I can tell you: You did not _read_,
> but just want to cause arguments about the definition of "free software".
>
> *plonk*

This kind of answer is not likely to attract new developers.

You may agree or not, but nowadays, most free (as in "of no cost")
developers contribute to free (as defined by FSF) projects, or at least to
FSF-friendly projects.

I guess POV-Team doesn't need new developers.

-a.

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 17:33:34 -0400, Warp wrote:

>> >   Tell that to the FSF.
>
>> Well, you're the one saying you don't understand their usage....
>
>   I didn't say I don't understand it. I said I completely disagree with
>   it.

So you don't think there's any definition of "free" that applies other
than "free of cost"?  Interesting interpretation of the English language,
that....

Jim

Post a reply to this message