POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Converting halo to interior Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:14:15 EDT (-0400)
  Converting halo to interior (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: SharkD
Subject: Converting halo to interior
Date: 8 Jul 2008 22:40:01
Message: <web.4874241f30935b5be2244ea70@news.povray.org>
Hi!

Are there some instructions somewhere on converting halo blocks to
interior/media? I'm working with some legacy code at the moment and am not sure
how to go about doing the conversion.

Thanks!

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Robert McGregor
Subject: Re: Converting halo to interior
Date: 9 Jul 2008 15:35:00
Message: <web.487511f785f7654986ff1d480@news.povray.org>

<474f3e5b$1@news.povray.org>

> "Nobody, and no algorithm or trick can do that.  Halos and media are
> really different beasts.  The best you can do is learn to use media,
> then try to re-create the effect.  That's a classic problem, and this
> was always the only answer, sorry.

> Fabien."

Post a reply to this message

From: SharkD
Date: 9 Jul 2008 15:45:00
Message: <web.487514e085f76549fd73bb3b0@news.povray.org>
"Robert McGregor" <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> wrote:
> "SharkD" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Are there some instructions somewhere on converting halo blocks to
> > interior/media? I'm working with some legacy code at the moment and am not sure
> > how to go about doing the conversion.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > -Mike
>
> <474f3e5b$1@news.povray.org>
>
> > "Nobody, and no algorithm or trick can do that.  Halos and media are
> > really different beasts.  The best you can do is learn to use media,
> > then try to re-create the effect.  That's a classic problem, and this
> > was always the only answer, sorry.
>
> > Fabien."

Thanks for the response. It's too bad though ;-)

Post a reply to this message