POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Converting halo to interior : Re: Converting halo to interior Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:30:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Converting halo to interior
From: Warp
Date: 9 Jul 2008 16:05:23
Message: <48751a02@news.povray.org>
Robert McGregor <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> wrote:
> > "Nobody, and no algorithm or trick can do that.  Halos and media are
> > really different beasts.  The best you can do is learn to use media,
> > then try to re-create the effect.  That's a classic problem, and this
> > was always the only answer, sorry.

  One of the major problems is that media density components do not
support the filter/transmit channels. This makes it impossible to
simulate certain halo effects with media. (And no, I don't think this
is a good thing, and I think media should be enhanced in this respect.)

  For example having a density like this was possible with halos:

[0 rgb 1 transmit 0]
[1 rgb <1, 0, 0> transmit 1]

  With current media densities it's basically impossible to get the
same effect.

--
                                                          - Warp