POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay 3.7 maxes all 4 cores to 100% while rendering Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:26:46 EDT (-0400)
  PovRay 3.7 maxes all 4 cores to 100% while rendering (Message 12 to 21 of 21)
From: Urs Holzer
Subject: Re: PovRay 3.7 maxes all 4 cores to 100% while rendering
Date: 2 Jul 2008 11:34:08
Message: <486b9fef@news.povray.org>
I have to fight back a little bit!

Aydan wrote:
> [...]
> also you can set the number of threads running, which means if you set
> this to 3 you'll have one core free for other stuff.

Yes, but instead of repeating what the others said, you could have told
us how this option is called. Is my guess, that the ini
option "Work_Threads" does the trick, correct? Is there an option in
the menus of the windows version?
Simply saying "there is an option for that" does not count!

Also, when crying out "RTFM" you could at least provide a link to the
manual in question. You could provide a link to documents that explain
the things that he misunderstands.

Greetings
Urs

Post a reply to this message