POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : from an opengl scene to a povray scene Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:25:10 EDT (-0400)
  from an opengl scene to a povray scene (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Dav shef
Subject: from an opengl scene to a povray scene
Date: 28 Aug 2007 07:05:00
Message: <web.46d400a5c01d8011699678ae0@news.povray.org>
Hi All,

I have a opengl (with GLUT) scene with spheres and boxes which I'd
like to make a nice snapshot of with povray.

I can easily "translate" my objects into povray commands but I have trooble
with the definition of the camera.

In opengl, all rotation and translation are stored into a 4x4 matrix called
the modelview matrix. I couldn't, however, find useful information about
how to use it  properly.

From this matrix, I would need to determine the different vectors necessary
for the camera parameters such as location, right, up, look_at..etc...
But I have no idea how to do this

Has anyone had the same issue ? any ideas are welcome.

Cheers

Dav

Post a reply to this message

> I have a opengl (with GLUT) scene with spheres and boxes which I'd
> like to make a nice snapshot of with povray.

Ray Gardner did a patch that does it the other way around (pov>opengl),
but maybe the code can help you,
http://www.daylongraphics.com/other/povray/patches/

ingo

Post a reply to this message