POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Accuracy of sunpos.inc for Prehistoric Dates Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:29:42 EDT (-0400)
  Accuracy of sunpos.inc for Prehistoric Dates (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: waggy
Subject: Accuracy of sunpos.inc for Prehistoric Dates
Date: 3 Feb 2007 23:00:00
Message: <web.45c55920e46e4f74442464bf0@news.povray.org>
So, does anyone have any idea how accurate the sunpos macro is for historic
or prehistoric dates?  I am specifically interested in how much error to
expect in the sun's position during the first thirty minutes after sunrise
on the morning of the Winter Solstice, say during year -3000 at the

Also, is there a handy way to determine on which day the solstice occurred
during that year?

I'm hoping to be able to illustrate, with a nice POV-Ray animation, the
exceptional service life of Newgrange during a presentation for my civil
engineering practice course.

Thanks in advance for your help,
-David Wagner

Post a reply to this message