POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : news subscription with PAN on Gnome (SuSE Linex Ent. Desktop) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  news subscription with PAN on Gnome (SuSE Linex Ent. Desktop) (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: tom
Date: 18 Jan 2007 12:40:01
Message: <web.45afb0cf43ea85edbd87b6ec0@news.povray.org>
I'm having quite a difficult time figuring out how to subscribe to
news://news.povray.org/ with the newsreader PAN.
A snippet from the log file:

Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:21:56 - NNTP handshake failed: Error reading from
socket.
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:21:56 - Handshake failed: Error reading from socket.
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:22:31 - Connection to news://news.povray.org, port 119
failed: Success

I'm new to PAN and newsfeeds, so there's likely to be something obvious that
I'm missing. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-tom

Post a reply to this message

> I'm having quite a difficult time figuring out how to subscribe to
> news://news.povray.org/ with the newsreader PAN.
> A snippet from the log file:
>
> Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:21:56 - NNTP handshake failed: Error reading from
> socket.
> Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:21:56 - Handshake failed: Error reading from socket.
> Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:22:31 - Connection to news://news.povray.org, port 119
> failed: Success
>
> I'm new to PAN and newsfeeds, so there's likely to be something obvious that
> I'm missing. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

How about asking how configure the newsreader in the newsreader's support
group? Any problems you are having with PAN are likely a
misconfiguration on your part, so you really need to ask in a PAN
newsgroup.

BTW, for Outlook Express there is a tutorial at
<http://www.povray.org/resources/newsgroups/oetut.php> and it really is
trivial.

Post a reply to this message