POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SCC$ results announcement Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  SCC$ results announcement (Message 11 to 19 of 19)
From: Olaf Doschke
Subject: Re: SCC$ results announcement
Date: 15 Dec 2006 14:20:37
Message: <4582f585$1@news.povray.org>
> Interesting - if you replace the sqrt(...) in the isosurface with
> sqrt(max(0,...)) it should work reliably with all versions (but is slow as
> hell for some reason).

I'll test that later.

Then it must be <0 allmost all the time,
as all I get is that line at the edge,
the rest is black. (groove and sky!).

Bye, Olaf.

Post a reply to this message

From: Olaf Doschke
Date: 15 Dec 2006 16:06:27
Message: <45830e53$1@news.povray.org>
> Interesting - if you replace the sqrt(...) in the isosurface with
> sqrt(max(0,...)) it should work reliably with all versions (but is slow
> as hell for some reason).

true and (true).

Bye, Olaf.

Post a reply to this message

From: Paul Bourke
Date: 15 Dec 2006 18:20:01
Message: <web.45832c73693fab43820eac890@news.povray.org>
> How about the comments from professional artists you were planning to
> have.  Did you have trouble finding people interested in reviewing the
> images or is there a different reason why this has been cancelled?

Rather mundane reason I'm afraid ... as it turned out I was rather busy
during the competition period, two overseas trips, organised/ran a
conference, arranging course material (one on using POVRay for scientific
visualisation), and other miscellaneous activities. In all it meant I
didn't get everything I wanted done for SCC4.

P a u l   B o u r k e
http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/

Post a reply to this message