POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ideas for POVRAY Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:11:41 EDT (-0400)
  Ideas for POVRAY (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Ideas for POVRAY
Date: 11 Nov 2006 03:07:15
Message: <455584b3$1@news.povray.org>
"Charles C" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.45536898edb96be99992c0d0@news.povray.org...
> Hehehe ok ok ok, I withdraw the word "propper."  ;)
> Charles

For the record, I forgot to say, Charles, that you were right about forward
kinematics... :-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Leroy
Date: 13 Nov 2006 23:29:23
Message: <455944AD.60705@joplin.com>
JS wrote:
> Hi, everyone.
>
> I am working on two main projects using POVRAY and wonder as to those who
> would be interested in them. As an electronics hobbisits I have started to
> create several 3D components and hope to create a large library of them.
> The second, of which I have already almost completed, is a fully
> articulated mannequin, ideal for animations or just still poses. I would
> appreciate comments, help or suggestions for either project, thank you.

I've made a complete POV robot system it's at
      http://leroywhetstone.s5.com/
You could use it to make mannequins.
I tried to clean up and document the code.
If you check it out I'd appreciate hearing any comments.

Post a reply to this message

From: JS
Date: 14 Nov 2006 18:30:01
Message: <web.455a5065edb96be9f8e8f48c0@news.povray.org>
Leroy <lrw### [at] joplincom> wrote:
> JS wrote:
> > Hi, everyone.
> >
> > I am working on two main projects using POVRAY and wonder as to those who
> > would be interested in them. As an electronics hobbisits I have started to
> > create several 3D components and hope to create a large library of them.
> > The second, of which I have already almost completed, is a fully
> > articulated mannequin, ideal for animations or just still poses. I would
> > appreciate comments, help or suggestions for either project, thank you.
> >

> I've made a complete POV robot system it's at
>       http://leroywhetstone.s5.com/
> You could use it to make mannequins.
> I tried to clean up and document the code.
> If you check it out I'd appreciate hearing any comments.

Hi Leroy.

I'm sorry but your version is too complex for my needs, my mannequin uses
simple rotation to achieve the correct poses. But could you please tell me
if your system uses IK of FK, and which you think is best.

Post a reply to this message

From: Leroy
Date: 15 Nov 2006 01:31:49
Message: <455AB2E0.10409@joplin.com>
JS wrote:
> Hi Leroy.
>
> I'm sorry but your version is too complex for my needs, my mannequin uses
> simple rotation to achieve the correct poses. But could you please tell me
> if your system uses IK of FK, and which you think is best.

  You may be right about it being complicated. It started is out as a
stick figure
using rotation to position body parts. I still use rotation to position
the parts, but I've put the angles in a file. I did that so I reuse and
keep track of poses.(very helpful for animation)
  So I guess my system uses FK. I don't know which IK or FK is 'Best'. I
know
it is relatively easy to create a KeyFrame animation that's FK. The code
I used to calculate inner frames is base on a simple function a+(b-a)*P.
Where 'a'is an angle of the first frame 'b'is the angle of the last
frame 'P'is the current inner frame divid by the total number of inner
frames.