POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ideas for POVRAY : Re: Ideas for POVRAY Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ideas for POVRAY
From: Leroy
Date: 15 Nov 2006 01:31:49
Message: <455AB2E0.10409@joplin.com>
JS wrote:
> Hi Leroy.
>
> I'm sorry but your version is too complex for my needs, my mannequin uses
> simple rotation to achieve the correct poses. But could you please tell me
> if your system uses IK of FK, and which you think is best.

  You may be right about it being complicated. It started is out as a
stick figure
using rotation to position body parts. I still use rotation to position
the parts, but I've put the angles in a file. I did that so I reuse and
keep track of poses.(very helpful for animation)
  So I guess my system uses FK. I don't know which IK or FK is 'Best'. I
know
it is relatively easy to create a KeyFrame animation that's FK. The code
I used to calculate inner frames is base on a simple function a+(b-a)*P.
Where 'a'is an angle of the first frame 'b'is the angle of the last
frame 'P'is the current inner frame divid by the total number of inner
frames.