POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : G-Max converter for POV-Ray? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:28:26 EDT (-0400)
  G-Max converter for POV-Ray? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: LDM125
Subject: G-Max converter for POV-Ray?
Date: 12 Sep 2006 17:25:01
Message: <web.450724b9fbef61a6c26ae1ac0@news.povray.org>
I was wondering if there was some kind of G-Max converter for POV-Ray
because I learned on G-Max and would rather stick with it than go to
another graphics program. Thanks in advance for any help.

Post a reply to this message

>I was wondering if there was some kind of G-Max converter for POV-Ray
> because I learned on G-Max and would rather stick with it than go to
> another graphics program. Thanks in advance for any help.

I've never used Gmax, but I understand you can export to md3...
http://pages.videotron.com/browser/
and then convert to lightwave or 3ds with Milkshape
http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/
and from that format you can use PoseRay to convert to Pov
http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/

Post a reply to this message

"Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> >I was wondering if there was some kind of G-Max converter for POV-Ray
> > because I learned on G-Max and would rather stick with it than go to
> > another graphics program. Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> I've never used Gmax, but I understand you can export to md3...
> http://pages.videotron.com/browser/
> and then convert to lightwave or 3ds with Milkshape
> http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/
> and from that format you can use PoseRay to convert to Pov
> http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/

thanks for the effort, but the milkshape won't convert (or open) the .m3d's,
so oh well.

Post a reply to this message

> "Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> > >I was wondering if there was some kind of G-Max converter for POV-Ray
> > > because I learned on G-Max and would rather stick with it than go to
> > > another graphics program. Thanks in advance for any help.
> >
> > I've never used Gmax, but I understand you can export to md3...
> > http://pages.videotron.com/browser/
> > and then convert to lightwave or 3ds with Milkshape
> > http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/
> > and from that format you can use PoseRay to convert to Pov
> > http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/
>
> thanks for the effort, but the milkshape won't convert (or open) the .m3d's,
> so oh well.

Try this:
http://md3view.fragland.net/about.html

Post a reply to this message