POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Importing object files? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:16:33 EDT (-0400)
  Importing object files? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: nevered
Subject: Importing object files?
Date: 16 Jun 2006 21:35:00
Message: <web.44935bb1db9d280c253742240@news.povray.org>
i created a model in wings3d, and wish to use the lighting and rendering
aspects of POV-Ray to take pictures of it.

now, i got the #include working just fine, and after running it (with
nothing but the #include stuff.obj ) the output looks something like this:

# Exported from Wings 3D 0.98.32a
mtllib angry.mtl
o sphere2_copy9
#482 vertices, 480 faces
v -0.32213104 0.73380269 -1.3469307e-2
v -0.32431782 0.72280903 -1.3469307e-2
v -0.33054523 0.71348906 -1.3469307e-2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
f 18818//18818 23132//23132 11200//11200 7839//7839
f 18819//18819 23133//23133 12349//12349 8988//8988
f 18820//18820 23134//23134 11230//11230 7869//7869

(the entire thing is about 70,000 lines long)

how do i add textures and stuff to this?

what's the syntax for doing this?  do i have to put brackets around it and
declare it as something?

Post a reply to this message

> i created a model in wings3d, and wish to use the lighting and rendering
> aspects of POV-Ray to take pictures of it.
>
> now, i got the #include working just fine, and after running it (with
> nothing but the #include stuff.obj ) the output looks something like this:

> how do i add textures and stuff to this?
>
> what's the syntax for doing this?  do i have to put brackets around it and
> declare it as something?

You can use the free PoseRay program to convert your .obj into POV format.
It will let you play with texture & lighting & does fairly quick previews.

Post a reply to this message

> > i created a model in wings3d, and wish to use the lighting and rendering
> > aspects of POV-Ray to take pictures of it.
> >
> > now, i got the #include working just fine, and after running it (with
> > nothing but the #include stuff.obj ) the output looks something like this:
>
> > how do i add textures and stuff to this?
> >
> > what's the syntax for doing this?  do i have to put brackets around it and
> > declare it as something?
>
> You can use the free PoseRay program to convert your .obj into POV format.
> It will let you play with texture & lighting & does fairly quick previews.

thank you.

i'm downloading it now, i'll tell you how it comes out

Post a reply to this message