POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Slow mesh parsing Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:15:09 EDT (-0400)
  Slow mesh parsing (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bill Pragnell
Subject: Slow mesh parsing
Date: 22 May 2006 05:30:00
Message: <web.4471836f4a500668731f01d10@news.povray.org>
I'm building a large (200x200 or larger) heightfield mesh. While parsing,
the render progress dialog shows the token count, then stops (Mac OS
version - the Windows version shows this info in the status bar at the
bottom). After a long pause, often longer than the initial verbose stage,
the render window is opened and rendering commences. I'm guessing that the
parser is going through the actual SDL during the verbose stage, and then
doing some kind of internal reorganisation during the pause. Can anyone
confirm this for me, or explain the actual processes?

What I want to do is to speed up the parsing (rendering is pretty quick),
and I have the distinct feeling that making my SDL more efficient will only
speed up the initial verbose stage.

Bill

Post a reply to this message