POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Orthographic to Perspective Camera Shift? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:26:08 EDT (-0400)
  Orthographic to Perspective Camera Shift? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Kronix
Subject: Orthographic to Perspective Camera Shift?
Date: 15 Apr 2005 12:00:00
Message: <web.425fe4965eaac9ac1d4ddc70@news.povray.org>
I've got a scene rendered with a perspective camera, producing Image #1.
Switching to an orthographic camera, I can produce Image #2.  It would be
extremely helpful, however, if I could smoothly transition the scene from
Image #1 to Image #2.  In other words, produce the same image that results
from an orthographic camera, yet using a perspective camera.  For example,
I would like to view my scene at the "halfway" point between Image #1 and
Image #2.

Any ideas?

- How

Post a reply to this message

"Kronix" <kro### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> I've got a scene rendered with a perspective camera, producing Image #1.
> Switching to an orthographic camera, I can produce Image #2.  It would be
> extremely helpful, however, if I could smoothly transition the scene from
> Image #1 to Image #2.  In other words, produce the same image that results
> from an orthographic camera, yet using a perspective camera.  For example,
> I would like to view my scene at the "halfway" point between Image #1 and
> Image #2.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> - How

If you put the perspective camera a very long way back and use the 'right'
and 'up' vectors to 'zoom in' you can get pretty close to an orthographic
camera.
(so long as there's nothing in the way)
You can then move the camera forward to half the distance and 'zoom out' by
doubling the 'right' and 'up' vectors.

camera {location<0,0,-250> look_at<0,0,0>
  right 4/3*x/20  up y/20
}

camera {location<0,0,-125> look_at<0,0,0>
  right 4/3*x/10  up y/10
}

Chris B.

Post a reply to this message