POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Orthographic to Perspective Camera Shift? : Re: Orthographic to Perspective Camera Shift? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:07:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Orthographic to Perspective Camera Shift?
From: Chris B
Date: 15 Apr 2005 14:28:05
Message: <426007b5@news.povray.org>
"Kronix" <kro### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> I've got a scene rendered with a perspective camera, producing Image #1.
> Switching to an orthographic camera, I can produce Image #2.  It would be
> extremely helpful, however, if I could smoothly transition the scene from
> Image #1 to Image #2.  In other words, produce the same image that results
> from an orthographic camera, yet using a perspective camera.  For example,
> I would like to view my scene at the "halfway" point between Image #1 and
> Image #2.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> - How

If you put the perspective camera a very long way back and use the 'right'
and 'up' vectors to 'zoom in' you can get pretty close to an orthographic
camera.
(so long as there's nothing in the way)
You can then move the camera forward to half the distance and 'zoom out' by
doubling the 'right' and 'up' vectors.

camera {location<0,0,-250> look_at<0,0,0>
  right 4/3*x/20  up y/20
}

camera {location<0,0,-125> look_at<0,0,0>
  right 4/3*x/10  up y/10
}

Chris B.