POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : spherical camera upside down? Server Time
3 May 2024 19:59:39 EDT (-0400)
  spherical camera upside down? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Elias Pschernig
Subject: spherical camera upside down?
Date: 17 Feb 2005 20:35:00
Message: <web.421544136878739221c474120@news.povray.org>
With the scene below, frames 1, 2, 3 have the green side up (since the up
vector is y, and the plane at y is green). For some reason, frame 4 has the
green side down.. how can it be explained? I'd like to switch between the 2
projection types (or rather, between perspective and spherical) - and this
effect makes everything in the spherical appear upside down. I was thinking
of using the postprocessing of megapov to rotate the end-result by 180
degree - but hopefully someone here has an easier solution :)

#include "colors.inc"
camera {
#if (frame_number = 1 | frame_number = 2)
    fisheye
#else
    spherical
#end
    angle 360
    location 0
    right x
    up y
    direction
#if (frame_number = 1 | frame_number = 3)
#else
    -z
#end
}

plane {x 1 pigment { Red } finish { ambient 1 } }
plane {y 1 pigment { Green } finish { ambient 1 } }
plane {z 1 pigment { Blue } finish { ambient 1 } }

plane {-x 1 pigment { Cyan } finish { ambient 1 } }
plane {-y 1 pigment { Magenta } finish { ambient 1 } }
plane {-z 1 pigment { Yellow } finish { ambient 1 } }

//Run with:
//povray +W100 +H100 +KFI1 +KFF4 +Isphericaltest.pov

Post a reply to this message

Don't know how to edit a post in the web interface - but I posted the output
of the above here, so it's easier to see:
http://news.povray.org/web.421725b7aaaa1acb2bb4b0c10%40news.povray.org

Post a reply to this message