POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rice Paper... Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Rice Paper... (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: stm31415
Subject: Rice Paper...
Date: 19 Dec 2004 22:00:00
Message: <web.41c63f85a97369fa28fd57da0@news.povray.org>
Does anyone have any tips on making a rice paper texture? You know, that
kind of oriental, translucent fibrous wall-stuff. I know I've seen this in
several places, but I can't get mine to look like anything at all. The only
thought I have is and averaged bunch of rotated crackle. Am I on the right
track? Is there a texture out there like this already?

Thanks.

5TF!

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone have any tips on making a rice paper texture? You know, that
> kind of oriental, translucent fibrous wall-stuff. I know I've seen this in
> several places, but I can't get mine to look like anything at all. The only
> thought I have is and averaged bunch of rotated crackle. Am I on the right
> track? Is there a texture out there like this already?
>
> Thanks.

> 5TF!

IMO the problem with textures of this nature in POV is not necessarily the
surface colour itself but the translucency.  The texture simply never looks
right without it, and I haven't found a way to defocus translucent light
properly yet.

-

Post a reply to this message

> IMO the problem with textures of this nature in POV is not necessarily the
> surface colour itself but the translucency.  The texture simply never
looks
> right without it, and I haven't found a way to defocus translucent light
> properly yet.

AFAIK an interior with a scattering media is the best (but not fastest)way
to achieve that

Marc