POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rotation to Normal Vector help Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Rotation to Normal Vector help (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Leo
Subject: Rotation to Normal Vector help
Date: 5 Nov 2004 14:05:00
Message: <web.418bce1ed18cb197b78c017a0@news.povray.org>
Hello-

I am trying to cover a surface with discs (flattened spheres), such that
each disc lies flat on the surface.  I have the normals at each point
(thanks to Tim Nikias' Mesh-Maker-Macros), and need to know how to rotate
my spheres (discs) so that they will be perpendicular to the normal at each
point.

I have tried many approaches, but none are giving the result I want.  Can
anyone help?

Thanks,
Leo

Leo Bleicher