POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to render faster? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  How to render faster? (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Ghost Dog
Subject: Re: How to render faster?
Date: 1 Nov 2004 05:15:00
Message: <web.41860bcbb4bdbd0d563d27f50@news.povray.org>
maybe this is a stupid question (and a waste of your 3d card if I'm right),
but couldn't you draw meshes and flat, simple shapes (i.e boxes)with the 3d
card and take a bit of the load off the main CPU?
I guess it's not so much of a problem nowadays, but a co-processor would
probably be a godsend too..

Post a reply to this message

"Ghost_Dog" <gho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> but couldn't you draw meshes and flat, simple shapes (i.e boxes)with the 3d
> card and take a bit of the load off the main CPU?

Hi,

see here why this does not work...

http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/miscQandT.html#3dcard

Greets, Mark