POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Strange behaviour of Mesh2 and CSG. Maybe a bug? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:14:02 EDT (-0400)
  Strange behaviour of Mesh2 and CSG. Maybe a bug? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Zarniwoop
Subject: Strange behaviour of Mesh2 and CSG. Maybe a bug?
Date: 5 Aug 2004 06:15:00
Message: <web.4112082f330dc9b9602399d40@news.povray.org>
I encountered a strange behaviour of Povray 3.6 when doing CSG with a mesh2
object where some parts of the object, reflection and shadow is missing.

Please have a look at
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.4110ab4b4cb2fb55602399d40%40news.povray.org%3E/
for an example image with detailed description.

Post a reply to this message

> I encountered a strange behaviour of Povray 3.6 when doing CSG with a mesh2
> object where some parts of the object, reflection and shadow is missing.
>
> Please have a look at

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.4110ab4b4cb2fb55602399d40%40news.povray.org%3E/
> for an example image with detailed description.

Your posting lacks the complete source code of the scene the problem
occurs in.  When using meshes in CSG make sure you carefully read the
documentation of 'inside_vector'.

Christoph

Last updated 06 Jul. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message