POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Aqua Type Button Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:10:06 EDT (-0400)
  Aqua Type Button (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Rick Measham
Subject: Aqua Type Button
Date: 26 Jul 2004 22:35:00
Message: <web.4105bc7d9fd474bb78d4ef100@news.povray.org>
I'm not sure if I should be posting this here or in the mac group ..

I'm new (really new) to POV-ray. I'm working on 3Ding a house design at the
moment based on some example files I've found around the place.

However it's just struck me that POV-ray could be the solution I need for
something more mundane: I'm trying to recreate buttons as seen in Apple's
aqua interface. I'm sure this is possible and I've played around with piles
of settings on a difference{ union{cylinder sphere sphere} plane } but
without success.

I'm sure someone's done this before but I can't find anything in the
newsgroups or elsewhere online. It's probably that I'm not searching for
the right thing!

Anyone point me somewhere? Or even have a snippet I can use?

Cheers!
Rick

Post a reply to this message

> I'm not sure if I should be posting this here or in the mac group ..
>
> I'm new (really new) to POV-ray. I'm working on 3Ding a house design at
the
> moment based on some example files I've found around the place.
>
> However it's just struck me that POV-ray could be the solution I need for
> something more mundane: I'm trying to recreate buttons as seen in Apple's
> aqua interface. I'm sure this is possible and I've played around with
piles
> of settings on a difference{ union{cylinder sphere sphere} plane } but
> without success.
>
> I'm sure someone's done this before but I can't find anything in the
> newsgroups or elsewhere online. It's probably that I'm not searching for
> the right thing!
>
> Anyone point me somewhere? Or even have a snippet I can use?

I haven't seen Apple's Aqua, though I'm sure it is most artistic  :-)

If you want to create soft-edged buttonish squarish-roundish -ish -ish
shapes, the superellipsoid primitive could be a good easy start.  Then you
can also directionally scale it to make elongated shapes.

Cheers,
    Brian

Post a reply to this message