POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Aqua Type Button : Re: Aqua Type Button Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aqua Type Button
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 27 Jul 2004 07:05:12
Message: <410636e8@news.povray.org>
In article <web.4105bc7d9fd474bb78d4ef100@news.povray.org> , "Rick Measham"
<nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Anyone point me somewhere? Or even have a snippet I can use?

First, remember to use an orthographic camera.  Otherwise your buttons will
end up distorted.  Also you may need a rather high ambient color because a
single light source will not be enough most of the time and a row of light
sources will not work as expected either.

Second, note that Apple has a trigger-happy legal department when it comes
to anybody copying their GUI elements.  So you may prefer to create not too
similar-looking buttons.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde