POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Fog and media (once again...) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:10:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fog and media (once again...) (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: arbitrary77
Subject: Re: Fog and media (once again...)
Date: 22 Jul 2004 16:40:00
Message: <web.41002492b8c23e09267ab86b0@news.povray.org>
Tonight I did some more looking at the source code, and found the real cause
of the bug:

There's the media_attenuation keyword, for light sources. It's off by
default. If I turn it on, my scene renders correctly (much darker though,
of course). The bug is that this flag is never checked when the shadows are
calculated... they're always calculated as if media_attenuation was turned
on.

I'll provide a patch (in the appropriate group), sometime in the next days.

Post a reply to this message

> There's the media_attenuation keyword, for light sources. It's off by
> default. If I turn it on, my scene renders correctly (much darker though,
> of course). The bug is that this flag is never checked when the shadows are
> calculated... they're always calculated as if media_attenuation was turned
> on.

  That sounds like a very reasonable cause for the bug, and should be
very easy to fix.