POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : spline question Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  spline question (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: J T
Subject: spline question
Date: 10 Aug 2003 11:39:13
Message: <oprto4gdzg7d64w7@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I am using a spline, with randomly generated points. I use a while loop for
placing spheres on the points of the spline. I want to set the first point
of the spline myself, instead of randomly generated. How can I do that? I
tried the following:

spline {
 natural_spline
  0,MyPoint
  // ...here is the code for the randomgenerator...
 }

But that doesn't work. First the randomgenerator and then my point didn't
work either.

Thank you very much for your help!

J T

Post a reply to this message

J T <jte### [at] chellonl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using a spline, with randomly generated points. I use a while loop
for
> placing spheres on the points of the spline. I want to set the first point
> of the spline myself, instead of randomly generated. How can I do that? I
> tried the following:
>
> spline {
>  natural_spline
>   0,MyPoint
>   // ...here is the code for the randomgenerator...
>  }
>
> But that doesn't work. First the randomgenerator and then my point didn't
> work either.

I don't think you can have the generator code within the spline definition.
I did something like that & I had to declare ;
    array points[num_points] { my_point, ,,(fill rest of array with
randomgenerator),, }

Then build the spline from the array;
    spline {
        natural_spline
         0, points[0], points[1], ,,(on out to num_points...)
    }

RG

Post a reply to this message

>   // ...here is the code for the randomgenerator...
>  }
>
> But that doesn't work. First the randomgenerator and then my point didn't
> work either.

Put a comma after MyPoint? If that doesn't work...what is the code
you're using for the random point generator?

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message