POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: StereoPOV 0.2 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:08:10 EDT (-0400)
  ANNOUNCE: StereoPOV 0.2 (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Ichthyostega
Subject: ANNOUNCE: StereoPOV 0.2
Date: 3 Mar 2003 04:25:11
Message: <web.3e631ed5ef61113d4066d4e0@news.povray.org>
finally, after a long delay caused by much work to be done for other
projects, I am now ready to announce the next release of my patch

_____________
StereoPOV 0.2
Stereoscopic Raytracing with POV-Ray

 This patch enables some of the camera types built into POV-Ray 3.5 to
 generate  real 3D output by generating stereoscopic pairs of images.
 The key feature of this patch is the ability to render the two halfimages
 in a single raytracing pass, whilst sharing the results of lighting,
 texture, photon and radiosity calculations.
 Five built in camera types are "stereoscopically enabeled":
 perspective, orthogonal, fisheye, cylindrical and spherical wideangle,
 the latter beeing a new addition specifically designed to create
 full range stereoscopic images of fisheye type.

NEW: - Now based on POV 3.5 sources,
     - extended the "StereoCache" datastructure to support
       light groups and photon data
     - new stereo camera setup features
     - heuristic to guess stereoscopic base (similar to the so called
       "1:30 rule")
     - many bugfixes, improved AntiAlias quality.

Sample images, documentation, source and
a windows executable is available at

http://stereopov.ichthyostega.de/

PS: I added more sample images to the webpage:
Experiments with splines, radiosity and media.
A "Tomtree". And of course an Iso in real 3D.
And I couldn't resist to trace Christoph Hormann's
BALCONY.pov in 3D.

see:
http://stereopov.ichthyostega.de/images.html

"Ichthyostega"