POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hdri cube to lat long Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  hdri cube to lat long (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Jack Couilliard
Subject: hdri cube to lat long
Date: 20 Jan 2003 22:53:48
Message: <3e2cc44c@news.povray.org>
Anyone know how to take 6 hdr pictures which make up a cubic environment map
and make them into a lightprobe type image that mlpov will accept?

Post a reply to this message

From: Ib Rasmussen
Subject: Re: hdri cube to lat long
Date: 21 Jan 2003 14:41:39
Message: <3E2DA2A1.3090807@ibras.dk>
Jack Couilliard wrote:

> Anyone know how to take 6 hdr pictures which make up a cubic environment map
> and make them into a lightprobe type image that mlpov will accept?

I think HRDShop can do it: http://www.debevec.org/HDRShop/

/Ib

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 21 Jan 2003 14:56:49
Message: <3E2DA600.527F5EE8@gmx.de>
Jack Couilliard wrote:

> Anyone know how to take 6 hdr pictures which make up a cubic environment map
> and make them into a lightprobe type image that mlpov will accept?

You should notice the Mlpov hdr functionality is not limited to a special
map type.  You can map your 6 pictures on a cubic environment.

Christoph

Last updated 31 Dec. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message