POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : transparency methods Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  transparency methods (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Rohan Bernett
Subject: transparency methods
Date: 4 Dec 2002 04:15:04
Message: <web.3dedc620652b014fc571aa6c0@news.povray.org>
Could POVray have some new transparency methods added to it? The existing 2
don't meet all needs.

One kind of transparency that would be good would be the kind where when you
use a greyscale map, the black is invisible, the white is opaque, and the
shades inbetween brighten up what is viewed behind the transparent object.

This would be good for making lens flares, as my experiments using transmit
haven't looked very good. The inbetween transparent areas look slightly
grey. I am using varying transparency, going from 1 at black to 0 at white.
I can't seem to figure out any solution to this other than having a new
transparency method added to the program.

Rohan _e_ii

Post a reply to this message