POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bouncing stick. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Bouncing stick. (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Stephen
Subject: Bouncing stick.
Date: 27 May 2008 08:42:26
Message: <ub0o34h3cumj76k5tpdu1vqt017dn6s24s@4ax.com>
Can anyone give me a pointer on how to calculate/work out how a stick
would fall then bounce when it hits a sloping floor?
I could do a simple sphere but my brains are wracked with a cylinder
:)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> Can anyone give me a pointer on how to calculate/work out how a stick
> would fall then bounce when it hits a sloping floor?
> I could do a simple sphere but my brains are wracked with a cylinder
> :)
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

This is non-trivial. You have to keep track of the angular and linear velocities
and be aware of the momentums and forces involved

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 27 May 2008 10:22:16 EDT, "Aydan" <hes### [at] hendrik-sachsenet>
wrote:

>Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote:
>> Can anyone give me a pointer on how to calculate/work out how a stick
>> would fall then bounce when it hits a sloping floor?
>> I could do a simple sphere but my brains are wracked with a cylinder
>> :)
>> --
>>
>> Regards
>>      Stephen
>
>This is non-trivial. You have to keep track of the angular and linear velocities
>and be aware of the momentums and forces involved

Yes Aydan it is non trivial :)
I might look at Mechsim, someone in the Bishop3D group has done some
work with it in MegaPov. Oh! The joy of learning it keeps my mind
supple :) And There is all of 82 days left before the TC-RTC animation
deadline.

Thanks for your reply
--

Regards