POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bouncing stick. : Re: Bouncing stick. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bouncing stick.
From: Stephen
Date: 27 May 2008 11:20:30
Message: <3l9o3491d2kavbbn33qg70a9puensrirfe@4ax.com>
On Tue, 27 May 2008 10:22:16 EDT, "Aydan" <hes### [at] hendrik-sachsenet>
wrote:

>Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote:
>> Can anyone give me a pointer on how to calculate/work out how a stick
>> would fall then bounce when it hits a sloping floor?
>> I could do a simple sphere but my brains are wracked with a cylinder
>> :)
>> --
>>
>> Regards
>>      Stephen
>
>This is non-trivial. You have to keep track of the angular and linear velocities
>and be aware of the momentums and forces involved

Yes Aydan it is non trivial :)
I might look at Mechsim, someone in the Bishop3D group has done some
work with it in MegaPov. Oh! The joy of learning it keeps my mind
supple :) And There is all of 82 days left before the TC-RTC animation
deadline.

Thanks for your reply
--

Regards