POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fractals Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:10:41 EDT (-0400)
  Fractals (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: Fractals
Date: 15 Feb 2001 02:27:33
Message: <3a8b84e5@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know of an equation to fill a 2d surface with circles?

Nekar

Subject: Re: Fractals
Date: 15 Feb 2001 16:04:33
Message: <3a8c3f34.135802895@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:30:27 +0200, "Nekar Xenos" <vir### [at] iconcoza>
wrote:

>Does anyone know of an equation to fill a 2d surface with circles?

It's been a long time, but try searching for "apolonian packing of
circles" at google or the like. You may have try try seaching on
variations on ap(p)ol(l)onian, I'm not sure of the spelling since it's
been 10 years or more since I messed with it. It got 'interesting'
trying to make a 3d version, but I never got it working right in 3d.

Post a reply to this message