POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Wishlist Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:11:06 EDT (-0400)
  POV Wishlist (Message 92 to 101 of 101)
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Subject: Re: POV Wishlist
Date: 26 Mar 2004 06:06:29
Message: <40640eb5@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

>> Oh. Well, this ups the complexity quite a bit too. Somehow,
>> "professional print work" and "anybody can donate" don't really go
>> together for me.
>
> Hmmm. Maybe I've misunderstood. I interpreted this to mean something
> along the lines of "I run a print-shop, and I'd like to take povray
> input files and print them, but it takes too long." Perhaps you mean
> "I'd like to run a render farm to solve that problem for someone else's
> print shop and contract it out"?  That indeed is a different problem to

I just have a desire to render very large images and don't have a way to do
it at the moment without sacrificing certain pov features. I may want to do
some desktop sized renders with lots of glass and photons (that takes ages
at the best of times).

Its a generic problem thats begging for a solution - we have all had renders
that have been abandoned due to impatience!

--
Rick

Kitty5 NewMedia http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : (+44) 0845 1083740 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key : http://pgp.kitty5.com

Post a reply to this message