POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Wishlist : Re: POV Wishlist Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Wishlist
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 26 Mar 2004 15:41:36
Message: <MPG.1ace43549443d7fc9899f7@news.povray.org>
In article <40645d87$1@news.povray.org>, dne### [at] sanrrcom says...
> > radioasity.
>
> I thought (in my uninformed listenings) that you could save the
> radiosity data, and tell it not to collect more samples during the
> render. Anyone with actual knowledge know the answer to this one?

I think you can, but it is impractical, since I believe it will write out
the file, but also attempt to continue to render. Any solution that gets
around this requires using the confusing plugin architecture to interrupt
it before it actually start the render I think. You can't I believe just
tell it 'generate these files and exit'. So can it be done? Yes and no. I
also get the feeling that maybe having those samples may not always
produce identical images from both pieces and a complete image. If that
is the case, then even my idea wouldn't help. This may in fact be the
case, since I am not sure that the 'color' is precomputed, but maybe only
the brightness, so failing to compute the entire image could result in
different results due to this.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()