POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HDR Sky_sphere Server Time
29 Mar 2024 10:33:06 EDT (-0400)
  HDR Sky_sphere (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: davidmorom
Subject: HDR Sky_sphere
Date: 9 Jan 2011 07:55:01
Message: <web.4d29af44861fd68a49be17320@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone!

My knowledge of Pov-Ray is very limited, but I followed several tutorials on the
internet, mainly this one:

The goal of the tutorial is rendering LEGO models made from LDRAW parts, using
radiosity and HDRI lightning. I got awesome results, but with very high
rendering times. But that's not the problem. The following image is rendered at
low resolution with "Radiosity_Debug" profile for time saving:

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/davidmorom/Imperial_Shuttle.jpg

I like the HDR lightning effect, but i dont like the texture itself. The
sky_sphere is defined the following way:

sky_sphere{
 pigment{image_map{hdr "..\kitchen_probe.hdr" once interpolate 2 map_type 1}}
}

Is there an easy way to keep HDR, but making the sky_sphere invisible, or
flat-colored?

Thanks in advance!

Post a reply to this message

On 01/09/2011 08:51 AM, davidmorom wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> My knowledge of Pov-Ray is very limited, but I followed several tutorials on the
> internet, mainly this one:
>
> http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=163897
>
> The goal of the tutorial is rendering LEGO models made from LDRAW parts, using
> radiosity and HDRI lightning. I got awesome results, but with very high
> rendering times. But that's not the problem. The following image is rendered at
> low resolution with "Radiosity_Debug" profile for time saving:
>
> http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/davidmorom/Imperial_Shuttle.jpg
>
> I like the HDR lightning effect, but i dont like the texture itself. The
> sky_sphere is defined the following way:
>
> sky_sphere{
>  pigment{image_map{hdr "..\kitchen_probe.hdr" once interpolate 2 map_type 1}}
> }
>
> Is there an easy way to keep HDR, but making the sky_sphere invisible, or
> flat-colored?

Reference->Scene Description Language->Language Directives->The #default
Directive

Post a reply to this message