POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : beeping Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  beeping (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Neil Campbell
Subject: beeping
Date: 1 Jun 1998 12:35:25
Message: <3572D84D.66649CD8@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
Hello All,

This may seem like a strange question, but..

Is there any way to stop my computer from beeping after rendering an
image?

Thanks,
Neil.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Faneros
Subject: Re: beeping
Date: 2 Jun 1998 00:25:11
Message: <35737EA6.D2D59CCA@whodu.edu>
Neil Campbell wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> This may seem like a strange question, but..
>
> Is there any way to stop my computer from beeping after rendering an
> image?
>
> Thanks,
> Neil.

The beep is the "asterisk" sound in win95.  I don't kow of anyway to
disable it, but you can designate a sound for it.  I have a character
from South Park telling me "Dude!  That kicks ass!!"  Okay, generally it
doesn't actually but it builds up my self esteem - gotta take it where I
can get it. =)

See ya...
Mike

Psst... make whodu.edu->ou.edu