POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Update to www.povray.org Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:41:29 EDT (-0400)
  Update to www.povray.org (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: povray org assistant webmaster
Subject: Update to www.povray.org
Date: 9 Nov 1998 11:53:58
Message: <36471e26.0@news.povray.org>
As part of the planned update to www.povray.org , we are working on an
upload categorization program. The idea is that when a file is uploaded to
the povray.org FTP site, it gets categorized by the uploader, as to file
type, program category, author, etc, etc.

The question I have is this: What categories are necessary?
We don't want to have a category for every program, but we also don't want
 to have to add categories on the fly. Also, the categories will be
"nested".

 Opinions anyone? Do you have a category list you'd like to see? then please
post it in response to this thread.

povray.org assistant webmaster
e-mail: webassist1@[nospam]povray.org

Post a reply to this message

I though the structure of the first official Pov-Ray CD from
Walnut Creek was layed out in a reaonable fasion. There
were a couple of oddities but all in all in wasn't to difficult
to find the programs. A similar approach might do the trick
for you. If you don't have access to that CD I can send you
a tree list off my copy.

Ken Tyler