POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Parabolic Mirror Image Projection Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:15:03 EDT (-0400)
  Parabolic Mirror Image Projection (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Catseyeman
Subject: Parabolic Mirror Image Projection
Date: 23 Mar 2005 23:00:00
Message: <web.42423a526ac9c30a044d34b0@news.povray.org>
I asked this on the "New Users" Group without anyone knowing one way or the
other so I thought I'd throw it out to a different audience:

Does POV-Ray have the ability to generate and reveal the "real" images (at
it's focal point) of objects placed at the "center of curvature (twice the
focal length)" of a parabolic mirror (defined as a 2nd-order Infinite Solid
Object with "Mirror" finish)?

Thanks,

Catseyeman

Post a reply to this message

"Catseyeman" <fly### [at] catseyecollimationcom> wrote:
> I asked this on the "New Users" Group without anyone knowing one way or the
> other so I thought I'd throw it out to a different audience:
>
> Does POV-Ray have the ability to generate and reveal the "real" images (at
> it's focal point) of objects placed at the "center of curvature (twice the
> focal length)" of a parabolic mirror (defined as a 2nd-order Infinite Solid
> Object with "Mirror" finish)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Catseyeman

No wonder no one knew one way or the other at the "New Users" Group!

Post a reply to this message

> No wonder no one knew one way or the other at the "New Users" Group!

Happily there are not only new users contributing to newusers group :-)

Marc

Post a reply to this message