POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Programming languages Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:13:14 EDT (-0400)
  Programming languages (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Tom Melly
Subject: Programming languages
Date: 14 Oct 2004 17:31:08
Message: <416ef01c@news.povray.org>
What is the minimum required for a fully-functional programming language?
(i.e. one in which, theoretically, you could perform any calculation).

iirc machine code seems to get by purely on 'ifs' and assignments - would in
theory a language be functional that only had these two functions (and
presumably the ability to loop over the whole code, but not individual
sections of it).

Post a reply to this message