POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Subsurface Scattering Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  Subsurface Scattering (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: ran102
Subject: Subsurface Scattering
Date: 11 Jul 2003 20:10:08
Message: <3f0f51e0$1@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know if this amazing lighting effect is being developed for
povray in any way?

Post a reply to this message

From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Re: Subsurface Scattering
Date: 12 Jul 2003 04:12:47
Message: <3f0fc2ff@news.povray.org>

3f0f51e0$1@news.povray.org...
>     Does anyone know if this amazing lighting effect is being developed
for
> povray in any way?

Filling an object with very dense scattering media makes a good subsurface
scattering effect. The texture of the object must be part transparent so
that both the surface pigment and the media inside are visible.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com

Post a reply to this message