POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Subsurface Scattering : Re: Subsurface Scattering Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:10:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subsurface Scattering
From: Slime
Date: 14 Jul 2003 02:06:58
Message: <3f124882$1@news.povray.org>
>     Does anyone know if this amazing lighting effect is being developed
for
> povray in any way?

Am I the only one who never could tell the difference between something with
subsurface scattering and something without it?

I can see the difference when dense media is used within an object, but is
this really the same exact effect? And why would human skin have it? *My*
skin certainly isn't very transparent.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]