POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How do I set depth of a normal? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  How do I set depth of a normal? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: natwod
Subject: How do I set depth of a normal?
Date: 8 Jan 2004 12:15:02
Message: <web.3ffd90071743f0a05377cb8a0@news.povray.org>
I was wondering if there is a way to set the depth of a normal for an
object.  I know that you can scale the x/y/z, but scaling all 3 of these
changes the look and size of the normal, and scaling just one only
increases the depth in that direction, and simply stretches the normal on
all other sides of the object.

Is there an easy way to increase/decrease the depth of a normal without
scaling in all 3 dimensions?

Thanks!
  Natwod

Post a reply to this message

> Is there an easy way to increase/decrease the depth of a normal without
> scaling in all 3 dimensions?

Do you mean Depth*Normalize(V)?

ABX

Post a reply to this message

>Is there an easy way to increase/decrease the depth of a normal without
>scaling in all 3 dimensions?

normal { wrinkles 0.01 }
normal { wrinkles 0.1 }
normal { wrinkles 1 }