POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How do I set depth of a normal? : Re: How do I set depth of a normal? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do I set depth of a normal?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 8 Jan 2004 13:17:55
Message: <cjameshuff-6DC070.13180108012004@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3ffd90071743f0a05377cb8a0@news.povray.org>,
 "natwod" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Is there an easy way to increase/decrease the depth of a normal without
> scaling in all 3 dimensions?

Yes: http://povray.org/documentation/view/186/
"The PATTERN_TYPE may optionally be followed by a float value that
controls the apparent depth of the bumps. Typical values range from 0.0
to 1.0 but any value may be used. Negative values invert the pattern.
The default value if none is specified is 0.5."

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/