POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scattering media and photons Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Scattering media and photons (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: IMBJR
Subject: Scattering media and photons
Date: 11 Mar 2004 18:43:52
Message: <ocu150drt8hccnsd7lv4g5m160hohfsh9u@4ax.com>
Well, I've got a sort of laser beam being generated in a scattering
medium so you can see the beam.

I want to be able to reflect the beam off of something, so I added the
necessary photon clauses.

However, one sees the beam as it comes out of the little laser gun
that is used to contain the light source, sees it in the medium as it
makes it way, sees it hit the object its designed to hit and that's
it. There are no visible light beams being reflected. Yet, if I tilt
the object, it correctly casts its caustics onto a background plane.

If I'm reading the documentation correctly this should work. Is there
anything obviously wrong I'm doing from my description of it, or
should I post the script to the appropriate group?

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com

Post a reply to this message