POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scattering media and photons : Re: Scattering media and photons Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scattering media and photons
From: IMBJR
Date: 12 Mar 2004 14:54:30
Message: <cd5450p159oeei9vd9e1iglj84721scvjk@4ax.com>
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 01:01:45 -0500, "Slime" <slm### [at] slimelandcom> wrote:

>> I want to be able to reflect the beam off of something, so I added the
>> necessary photon clauses.
>
>Are you using media photons?
>
> - Slime
>[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

PS. If anyone can tell me a better way of producing a beam of light I
am open to suggestions.

Currently, I've a cylinder of light in a box with a transparent sphere
cut out of it. The problem is that the documentation implies that the
rays are not parallel so I've not got what I would have thought was a
truer model of a laser beam. Notice in the code that the box is quite
big - that's because I can't seem to get the diameter of the beam any
smaller - and that's why I'm using this box get-up, to be able to
narrow the beam. I tried a parallel light, but the light comes from
the entire plane specified, and so that will not give me a single beam
of light out of box. I tried looks_like (with a small sphere) on the
cylinder and parallel light options and neither wored.

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com